Patatas Bravas Recipe
Patatas bravas are a must-try tapa at any gathering of friends in Spain. The combination of the tender, crispy potatoes and the slightly spicy brava sauce makes them almost addictive, and they are the perfect accompaniment to a cold beer.
This recipe has two fundamental points: firstly, the way the potatoes are cooked, which requires several steps to get them perfect, and secondly, the brava sauce, which has to have just the right amount of spiciness to make it pleasant, always inviting you to poke another potato.
Ingredients for Patatas Bravas Recipe (4 people)
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon of hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 500ml chicken stock
- Olive oil for frying the potatoes
- Fresh parsley
Patatas Bravas recipe step by step
- Finely chop the onion and place it in a large frying pan with 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Allow the onion to cook over a low heat.
- When the onion has coloured, add the sweet and hot paprika and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes until it binds with the oil, then add the chicken stock little by little as if you were making a velouté. Cook for about 10 minutes, blend with a blender and pass the sauce through a fine sieve to obtain a perfect texture.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into irregular pieces of a suitable size so that they can be eaten in one bite.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the potatoes over a medium heat until they begin to brown. Some people prefer to pre-cook the potatoes for 2-3 minutes to make them more tender, but this is not necessary.
- Drain the potatoes on absorbent paper, then place them on a plate or in an earthenware dish and add 3-4 tablespoons of salsa brava on top of the potatoes. Finally, chop some parsley and sprinkle it on top for decoration. You can present more brava sauce in a separate bowl in case someone wants to add more.
In our shop you can find the essential ingredients to prepare this patatas bravas recipe such as spicy paprika de la vera and sweet paprika de la vera and you can even buy a traditional brava sauce already prepared in a 100% natural way.