Paella Valenciana (Valencian paella)
One of the most important dishes of the Mediterranean cuisine has its origins in the Valencian community. In these places, it is common to prepare and share it on Sundays with family and friends, cook it on firewood and accompany it with a good red wine.
There are numerous versions of this recipe, almost as many as people live in Valencia. We have tried to stick to the recipe, which is considered good by the Culinary Chef Club of the Valencian community.
Ingredients (for four guests)
- 300g chicken.
- 200g rabbit.
- 200g Garrofón beans.
- 80g Tavella (white bean).
- 150g Ferradura (green bean).
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- 1-2 cloves garlic.
- 1 ripe tomato.
- 1/2 spoon Paprika-Pimentón de la Vera.
- 400g Bomba rice.
PAELLA VALENCIANA STEP BY STEP
- Chop the chicken and rabbit meat and fry in the paella with olive oil and salt. Add all the garlic and remove it if they are golden brown.
- Once the chicken and rabbit are brown, add the vegetables and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add Paprika-Pimentón and peeled and crushed tomato. Wait a few minutes and add some water plus the rosemary branch. Leave to rest over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the saffron and rice and spread them on the paella. Cook for another 8 minutes over a medium-high heat.
- Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes until the rice is dry.
- Turn off the stoves and let it rest for a few minutes. Share with your guests. Ideally, everyone has something of every ingredient.
If you have come this far, it is because you are interested in Spanish cuisine or its culture. If you would like to learn other recipes, you can Subscribe to our Newsletter, through which we keep you informed every week. In our online shop you will find products such as Jamón Serrano, Jamón Pata Negra, products for the preparation of tapas and paellas, Olive Oil or Wines from several regions of the Iberian Peninsula.