3 simple pintxos with canned mackerel
As you saw in our post about mackerel, it is one of the healthiest blue fish that exists, with a high content of vitamin A, Omega and minerals such as iron and iodine. For this reason I have compiled some of my favorite recipes made with canned mackerel, so that you have fresh ideas to prepare delicious tapas and pintxos with this nutritious fish.
All the recipes are very simple and require minimal preparation, so the quality of the products we use is key.
Avocado and Canned Mackerel Pintxos
You only need 2 avocados, a can of canned mackerel, bread, coriander, spring onion and a lime.
1.Peel the avocados and mash them with a fork. Add the chopped spring onion, coriander and a pinch of olive oil from our canned mackerel.
2. Add some lime zest and the juice of one half. Mix well.
3.Toast the bread and spread on the avocado base we have prepared.
4. Carefully remove the mackerel loins without breaking them and place them on the avocado. One loin per toast.
5. Finally add a little lime zest and serve immediately.
Pintxo of Canned Mackerel with Lime Mayonnaise
To prepare this delicious pintxo you need a can of mackerel in olive oil, 150ml of white wine, bread, 1 onion, 1 egg, 1 lime and cherry tomatoes.
1.Peel and cut the onion into julienne strips and brown it in a frying pan with a little olive oil, when it is golden brown add the white wine. Let it reduce until it is mellow.
2. Prepare the lime mayonnaise, in the glass of the blender add the egg, twice as much olive oil as egg, a little salt and the juice of half a lime. Blend until emulsified.
3.Toast the bread and place a layer of the onion we have prepared. On top of the onion we place the mackerel, the cherry tomatoes cut in quarters and finish with lime mayonnaise to taste.
Pintxo of Canned Mackerel, Dried Tomato and Arugula
You will need a can of canned mackerel, 6 pieces of dried tomatoes, 30g of arugula, bread, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and Manchego cheese.
1.Cut the bread and toast it. While it is toasting, prepare an arugula pesto with 30g of pine nuts, 30g of arugula, 30g of manchego cheese, two cloves of garlic and olive oil. Grind it all together and set aside.
2. Cover the slices of bread with fresh arugula leaves and a few drops of olive oil.
3. Place on the arugula two pieces of dried tomato and on top of these a mackerel loin, which we will have taken out of the can carefully previously.
4. Finish the pintxo by placing arugula pesto on the mackerel loin. Do not put too much because it would be heavy.